Thursday, July 2, 2009

Apricot Sorbet


The apricots are quickly reaching the point of nearly-too-ripe, so I have spent almost everyday this week making some sort of food item involving them. This sorbet is my most recent apricot adventure in the kitchen. Thanks to kk of the myfoodaffair blog for directing me to this recipe. The recipe is actually from another blog, Annie's Eats. As you can see, Annie's sorbet came out significantly lighter in color, and much more frozen in its consistency than mine. If you have ever had Trader Joe's sorbet, that is the consistency of my sorbet.

All in all, it's a refreshing treat and I wish I had made it over the weekend during the 103 degree weather we had in Walnut Creek. Also, it was well worth it to buy the ice cream maker. I see homemade ice cream and sorbet in my future.

No comments:

Post a Comment