Sunday, October 18, 2009

Reusable Bags


My latest project: reusable bags. The middle one is Bag C from Butterick pattern 5338 that needed double fold bias tape, and the other two are from Simplicity pattern 2806.

The Butterick pattern was more difficult with all the bias tape; and even after figuring out the square neckline, I had to wrestle with the handles. However, Butterick did provide a better way to complete the handles than Simplicity. I have since combined patterns for a cleaner, neater way to enclose the raw edges.

2 comments:

  1. My name is Cheryl....my email is sassyrey2411@yahoo.com
    I'm Cheryl Rey boykin on Facebook where I am most....just made 7 of butterick 5338....GRRR...I used your tutorial....they are done...whoop hop!...but how do you fold these dang these????????

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheryl, I just fold them in half so the handles line up, and then in half again...something like that anyway. It's never very neat.

    ReplyDelete