Monday, February 22, 2010

If You Like the Teen Fantasy Section at the Bookstore, Read the Wicked Lovely Series

Fragile Eternity (Wicked Lovely, #3) Fragile Eternity by Melissa Marr


My rating: 5 of 5 stars
I was a bit miffed with Melissa Marr's Fragile Eternity.

You should probably stop reading now if you don't want to know an entirely general bit about the ending of this book.

For some reason I thought the Wicked Lovely series was a trilogy and that everything would be resolved by the end of book. Ugh. Lucky, yet unlucky me, the series will continue.

I know, I know, I gave it five-it-was-amazing stars. I loved it. Melissa Marr has created a very cool world of fey. There is a dark twist to the series, so it's not all light-hearted frivolity. Then there is an interesting balance between the different characters. Those who should lean more towards darkness and malice have streaks of kindness and caring in them. Then are those seemingly fanciful characters who are truly manipulative. It's all so interesting and cool.

But, then it ended on page 400 (don't be too impressed, this is teen fantasy so it's quick-reading). I really hate having to wait for the next book to be published! I am all about instant gratification and would much rather gulp down an entire series book-by-book than have to wait months on end for the next installment. Now I will have to sit and wait for book four. This is going to be rough.

View all my reviews >>

No comments:

Post a Comment