Sunday, January 2, 2011

Until We Meet Again


Aloha 'oe to you, my sweet, inquisitive, little friend. The opportunity to know you is one of the best things about my life in the Bay Area.


Here we are in the summer of 2008 at a concert in the park.


And here you are on the first day we got to meet you. I think you're sleeping in the blanket I knitted for you.

I've been looking for something that best sums up the sadness I feel, and I found what Alfred Tennyson wrote:

Gone-flitted away,
Taken the stars from the night and the sun from the day!
Gone, and a cloud in my heart...

3 comments:

  1. Love the quote Lee Annie. Love the images. Love and miss you Leo!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Lee Ann
    So so sad
    I am sorry about this senseless tragedy

    Ginny

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just saw this post the other day - brought a smile and tears. Indeed, perhaps we will meet him again one day - at least we can hope.
    Thank you...
    -with love,
    Andrew

    ReplyDelete