Thursday, February 24, 2011

Who You Got?

It's about to be one of my favorite Sunday's of the year. No, not the Super Bowl or anything sports related. This time it's about movies—February 27 is Oscar Sunday, and it's so fun trying to guess which way the Academy will go.

Here are my picks for the "big" stuff:
  • Best Picture: The King's Speech
  • Best Actor: Colin Firth in The King's Speech
  • Best Supporting Actor: Christian Bale in The Fighter (although I am cheering for Geoffrey Rush in The King's Speech
  • Best Actress: Natalie Portman in Black Swan
  • Best Supporting Actress: Melissa Leo in The Fighter (personally, I loved Helena Bonham Carter in The King's Speech
I have not seen all the Best Picture nominees, but at least there is a clear winner this year. Last year I didn't really feel like any of the nominees were a "best" of the year, but this year I fell in love with The King's Speech. If something else wins that I have not yet seen, it had better be amazing, because The King's Speech was the best movie of this awards season. I don't think it will win for Best Director, but I don't really know what will.

Oh, and just for kicks, I'm taking Inception for Film Editing, Sound Mixing and Sound Editing; Toy Story 3 for Animated Feature (it's way too tough to unseat Pixar, but How to Train Your Dragon was great); and Alice in Wonderland for Art Direction and Costume Design.

No comments:

Post a Comment