Monday, May 16, 2011

How the Internet Helps Me Knit

Sometimes I can't remember how I ever got by without the internet. Well, I remember, but I just can't get over how wonderful the internet is for my life.

When I was in elementary school, we learned how to use the Dewey Decimal system, and I am pretty sure that my college (Whittier) still used a card catalog in 1996. That same year, I know I had a "whittier.edu" email address, but snail mail was still popular. And then the internet just blew up. Now, I use the internet for everything.

At the moment I am most thankful for the internet because it helps me to figure out my knitting projects. I just Google things like "sew seam knitting stockinette" and I find some useful sites that get me through the rather loose instructions I get from the patterns and books. Here are the sites that have been most useful as of late:
Don't you just love how easy it is to find answers now?

No comments:

Post a Comment