This one's for book lovers, especially those who like to read in the YA genre. After collecting nominations for a top-100 list of the best young adjust books, NPR has come up with a list of 235 titles, and it's now up to the public to vote. We can each pick 10 books from the list.
That's right 10 books. I don't know how it will be/was for you, but it was incredibly difficult for me!
My votes were for:
- Anne of Green Gables (series) by Lucy Maud Montgomery
- The Dark is Rising (series) by Susan Cooper
- Harry Potter (series) by J.K. Rowling
- His Dark Materials (series) by Philip Pullman
- The Hunger Games (series) by Suzanne Collins
- The Princess Bride by William Golman
- The Shiver Trilogy (series by Maggie Stiefvater)
- To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee
- Twilight (series) by Stephenie Meyer
- Tuck Everlasting by Natalie Babbitt
- Betsy-Tacy Books (series) by Maud Hart-Lovelace
- Flowers for Algernon by Daniel Keyes
- Howl's Moving Castle by Diana Wynne Jones
- The Mortal Instruments (series) by Cassandra Clare
- The Outsiders by S.E. Hinton
- A Separate Peace by John Knowles
- Speak by Laurie Halse Anderson
What are your best-ever YA books? If you voted, what were your selections?