Friday, April 29, 2011

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge


I should have gone to bed earlier last night. Then I could have watched the live coverage of the wedding of Prince William and Kate Middleton. Instead I went to bed so late that if I tried to wake up at 3:00 a.m., I would have only four hours of sleep—a bad thing for my extremely long commute this morning.

This is one time I wish I wasn't such a night owl. My inability to go to bed at a reasonable hour means I missed a truly happy moment in world history.


Oh well, at least I saw the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge riding in their carriage to Buckingham Palace. Although, I can't really say that I saw their first kiss on the balcony of the Palace because I wasn't exactly looking at the screen for that mega-quick peck. Fittingly, I saw their second kiss.

Ah well, it was all so, so very beautiful; and thanks to 24-hour news coverage, I get to watch the whole ceremony right now, and listen to the wonderful music and bells that make one's heart soar.


It is such a delightful thing to see two people looking so happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment