Monday, April 18, 2011

Hooked on TV Recaps

I blame my minor addiction to reading TV recaps on my [former] co-worker, Mrs. G.

It started last summer. We realized that we both religiously watched Mad Men, and probably could be classified as Maddicts. Every week, we puzzled over Don's behavior, the fate of Sterling Cooper Draper Pryce, and guessed at the show's next move. At one point Mrs. G. told me about these TV recaps she reads on the Entertainment Weekly website. And then she had to go and send me the link.

Now I have yet another website to visit on a regular basis.

The thing about these TV recaps is that they are so cleverly written. And the recappers catch so many things I miss—I can't even begin to tell you about the level of detail that is caught and discussed after an episode of Mad Men. Truth be told, I am not a simultaneous TV watcher and analyzer, so I immensely appreciate that someone else does this and writes about it. The other thing (and this is the biggest "thing" for me) is that reading these recaps allows me to enjoy just a little bit more of my favorite shows.

I am enabled by TV recaps. Enabled to obsess further over characters like Eric Northman and Damon Salvatore. Enabled to dig out more hilarity from shows like The Big Bang Theory. Enabled to think that maybe my TV watching habits aren't that bad if I read some analysis afterward.

No comments:

Post a Comment