Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Kristin Cashore's Fire

Fire (The Seven Kingdoms Trilogy, #2)Fire by Kristin Cashore

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


Initially I was a little wary of Kristin Cashore's Fire. I read her first book, Graceling in February, and it just didn't satisfy me. So why did I read Fire? Well, I already had a copy of it.

What a lovely surprise this was for me! The story follows the book's namesake, Fire, as she grows to accept her incredible power. For some reasons unexplained, she was a character I could relate to; not because I wield any sort of power, but in part because her struggle seemed more human, even if her abilities did not.

It is worth the read, even if you have not read Graceling. Fire is a companion book, and a character from Graceling plays a role in the story, but is not the central focus.



View all my reviews

1 comment:

  1. ahhh... i've been trying to read Fire for a year now. i keep picking it up, get 30 or so pages in, and end up reading something else. i'll try again, but never succeed. funny since i loved Graceling. maybe i need to get my angel and vampire fix and then come back to this. i'm glad you liked it! once i finally read it, i'll have to talk to you about it. :)

    ReplyDelete