Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Rammer Jammer Yellow Hammer

In 2005, my Manoa-School-friend, Cory K. told me about a book he was reading, Rammer Jammer Yellow Hammer by Warren St. John. When Cory told me about a couple who skipped their daughter's wedding because she scheduled it on game day, I went and bought a copy.

I love this book. It appeals to the sports fan in me, and I saw myself in the anecdotes St. John shared. I even sent an email to Mr. St. John, thanked him for writing the book, and told him how I too was a fan of my dad's team (the Yankees in this case) and how the University of Hawaii football team could make or break my weekend. How thrilled was I when "he" (or maybe someone on his staff) wrote back? The sports dork in me loved it.

Rammer Jammer has been percolating in my head for the past few days with all the hoopla surrounding Thursday's BCS National Championship Game. Between lamenting over not being able to watch the game (I have to work an event) and hoping that Dan Patrick interviews St. John this week, I think I need to re-read the book. As far as who I want to win, I don't normally cheer for the Longhorns or the Crimson Tide, but I'm going with the Tide on this one, just for Warren St. John.

No comments:

Post a Comment