Saturday, March 6, 2010

Drawstring Bag with French Seams

As nice and clean as a French seam looks, I wish I had a serger. If I had a serger, I could easily finish raw edges, which would be especially helpful when I make drawstring bags.

I wanted a drawstring bag the size of a large trash bag so that I could nicely cover our suitcases (which sit in the garage). The difficult part of using French seams in this case comes when you leave an opening for the actual string. I found two different options online:
The instructions from the Creative Thimble were easier for me to understand, but I think the directions from Between the Lines is the more "correct way." Of course, I could always just line the bags, but the dimensions were so big that I really did not want to use lining.

No comments:

Post a Comment