Wednesday, March 17, 2010

The Hunger Games

The Hunger Games (Hunger Games, #1) The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins


My rating: 5 of 5 stars
I loved this book. Life in a post-apocalyptic world is not usually my favorite subject, but Suzanne Collins has created an amazing world in The Hunger Games.

Katniss Everdeen is the main character and she lives in Panem's District 12. Panem is "...the country that rose up out of the ashes of a place that was once called North America." North America was destroyed by droughts, storms, fires and the ocean. Katniss is a fighter and survivor. She ends up in the Capitol's Hunger Games, which is basically a fight to the death.

And really, I cannot tell you anymore because I would not do Ms. Collins' book any justice. I truly enjoyed this book, and it had me enthralled from the first few pages, all the way through the very end. Read it--especially if you love young adult fiction.


View all my reviews >>

No comments:

Post a Comment