Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Cabernet Sauvignon, Meet My Cream-Colored Top

Have you ever tried to open a bottle of wine, only to somehow push the cork into the bottle instead of pull it out? This is precisely what happened on Saturday when Seth tried to uncork a bottle of Cabernet Sauvignon. He stopped when the initial wine spray hit us; and there was the cork, stuck in the bottleneck.

It is important to note that at this point, Seth was the one wearing more wine. Unfortunately, I let my irritation get to me and so I grabbed the opener from him, thinking that I would be able to get the cork out. Well, bachi on me because there was still some air pressure in there, and I successfully released the air, and more wine.

Now I am the one wearing more wine. On my favorite cream-colored drape front cardigan. Did I mention we were at a party? Luckily, the top I was wearing underneath made it out of the wine fray with little damage, so the cardigan went in the laundry room for the rest of the evening.

Seth tried to give me money so I could get a new one, but I really did not see how that would do any good since I bought it several months ago at the Nordstrom Rack and would surely be difficult and more expensive to find. In my usual form, I decided to be stubborn and try to get the stains out. As soon as we got home, I put my stain-removers and sprayed the cardigan with Sol-U-Mel and soaked it overnight in Oxi Clean.

It was like magic! I am not sure what did it, so I will say that the combination of Sol-U-Mel and Oxi Clean got the Cab stains out of my cardigan. I was also able to get all the stains out of Seth's shirt, and I did not treat it until the next day.

Apparently, Sol-U-Mel can be purchased online, but I get my products through my sister or my best friend. Oxi Clean is available everywhere, and I might just start buying a Costco-sized container!

No comments:

Post a Comment