Saturday, June 12, 2010

Olive Kitteridge

Olive Kitteridge Olive Kitteridge by Elizabeth Strout


My rating: 3 of 5 stars
When I read, I want to be transported to another world. Elizabeth Strout's Olive Kitteridge took me to the real world.

The book was just too "real-life" for me, but it certainly is a well-written book. Comprised of a collection of short stories, the reader gets to know Olive as her life intersects with the lives of other people in the town of Crosby in Maine. I almost with Ms. Strout elaborated further on the other characters in the story, as their lives were quite interesting as well.

All-in-all, this was a good read, but just too depressing for my taste. I don't even know how many times my heart ached for Olive, her family, friends and acquaintances. So, it turns out that Olive Kitteridge did take me to another world; it was just her "real" world.

View all my reviews >>

No comments:

Post a Comment