Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Eclipse


Today is opening day for Eclipse in theaters, and somehow, I found a way to resist the urge to see the midnight showing. However, I could not wait for the weekend, and dragged Seth to an evening show.

My self-control paid-off and we did not have to deal with an outrageous line. There were, however teenage girls in line, who gushed with their friends who had just come out of an earlier show. Then there were the screaming teenage girls during the movie. And, they screamed every time Jacob appeared without a shirt. Luckily, I was able to [sort of] tune them out.

The movie itself was great; although I will admit that it doesn't take much to please me when it comes to anything Twilight related, so take my opinion with a few grains of salt. I probably enjoyed this one the most.

I felt like the screenplay was well written, and allowed the story to flow smoothly and transition nicely; something that is difficult to accomplish when the book itself is so long and detailed. There were certain moments when one character spoke a line in the movie that another character had spoken in the book, but I appreciated this change because it helped the story to make more sense. It was also great to see the Newborn story told onscreen since Stephenie Meyer does not expand on them much in the book.

What a great way to end my work day.

1 comment: