Monday, March 23, 2009

Neil Gaiman's American Gods

American Gods American Gods by Neil Gaiman


My review


rating: 4 of 5 stars
Some time not long after reading Stardust I decided to have a go at more of Neil Gaiman's books. I think first I read Anasi Boys and then I tried American Gods. I say "tried" because the book freaked me out. Mostly it was all the death that just seemed to spew out of the pages that disturbed me, and so I had to stop and move on to Neverwhere (which is still my favorite Neil Gaiman book).

Recently I got back into Neil Gaiman's works when I started following his tweets and his blog. Through the blog I learned that his executive assistant, Kitty, would be at Wonder Con. I visited her booth and had the chance to chat with her boyfriend who loves American Gods. I decided to have a go at it again.

And now finally, my review. It was great! I am so glad I picked this up again because it was worth another try. There certainly is a lot of death in the story, but it deals with so much more. It's hard for me to put into words exactly, but I feel like Neil Gaiman wrote America right. Just read it if you haven't and I'm sure you will see what I mean.


View all my reviews.

No comments:

Post a Comment