Friday, March 6, 2009

Who Watches the Watchmen

It is a rare thing for Seth to actually want to see a movie in the theater; it is usually a painful process to get him there. Apparently though, I have been lucky in 2009. Hopefully my luck continues since this year is stacked with some big shows:

January
Somehow I convinced him to see Twilight, and that's when we saw a preview for Watchmen

March
Got to see Watchmen on opening night; seeing a movie on opening night with Seth is a first

May
X-Men Origins: Wolverine

June
Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen

July
Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince

August
G.I. Joe

November
New Moon

By the way, Watchmen was excellent. The cinematography, music and editing alone are worth seeing on the big screen. My two favorite scenes:

  • Opening scene with the killer and the Comedian; love the contrast between the action, darkness and music
  • Rorschach in jail, "None of you understand. I'm not locked up in here with you. You're locked up in here with me."

I have not read the graphic novel yet, but it's jumped up to the "must read now" level as I am beyond intrigued. Apparently the dork in me has found another interest; not one that has replaced Twilight, but rather one that has formed a line behind it.

No comments:

Post a Comment