Friday, February 6, 2009

Food


Thoughts of food filled my head all day long. I blame it on my friend who created http://myfoodaffair.blogspot.com/. Last night I read her post on focaccia bread, and I was hooked! Eventually I found my way to the posts for peanut butter cup brownies and sweet potato haupia squares. YUM. ONO. OISHI.


If you know me, you know I am not usually one for dessert, but I love peanut butter and chocolate together--it's the salty-sweet mix that does it for me. Speaking of sweet and salty together in a dessert, now I am thinking of Mari's New York caramel sea salt brownies. I had a rare moment of true appreciation for chocolate when I ate that brownie. Thanks Miche for breaking that box open in the parking lot of Ala Moana.


Back to "real" food. Reading the blog and thinking of focaccia, pesto, and a gnocchi army made my dinner seem down right boring. I just made baked ziti (well really rigatoni). This brings me to what went down with dinner: my favorite $6.99 wine from Trader Joes, Novella Synergy. It's a blend.




1 comment:

  1. Hey! Thanks for the plug! Now you got me thinking about those sea salt caramel brownies. I will have to find a copy cat recipe! -kk

    ReplyDelete