Thursday, August 19, 2010

Angelology

AngelologyAngelology by Danielle Trussoni

My rating: 2 of 5 stars


Two stars for being predictable, but three starts for being interesting and for spooking me out.



Danielle Trussoni's Angelology had so much potential. The angelology itself was intriguing, as well as new to me. And, then there was this amazing secret world that she created, filled with magnificently frightening beings; gone were my preconceived ideas of benevolent and glorious angels. Trussoni's don't conjure up verses of Hark the Herald in my head.



Between the religion, the historical fiction and theory, I started to feel a little supernatural terror, and Trussoni grasped my attention so that I hoped she would take the road less traveled. Unfortunately, she did not. Instead, she took the obvious path, and now I'm not sure if I will read the next one (oh, there's got to be a next one). I think I'll read Katherine Neville's the Eight again instead.







View all my reviews »

No comments:

Post a Comment