Friday, August 20, 2010

Wonder If She'll Like This One


I'm not going to lie. My hands kind of hurt. I don't usually knit this often, or for so many hours in a row, but I'm having fun with these cocoons.

This one is made with Bamboo Ewe yarn in Lipstick, and is 55% viscose from bamboo and 45% wool. It has a decent feel, and just the right amount of stretch.


The opening bugged me because I didn't care for the way in which it lay, and I almost took this apart and started all over again. Then I thought about adding some sort of embellishment to keep the flaps open in a nice way, but I changed my mind. I decided not to do a little extra because I think my sister will want to be able to manipulate the cocoon in whichever way she pleases. Well, she can for this one, but I'm definitely adding something fun to future projects!

By the way, I realized that I skipped a couple of rounds in the pattern I included in the Knitting Adventure post from last week, so I made some edits. Sorry about that, but I guess that's what happens when you don't write the pattern out before you type.

1 comment:

  1. You're amazing Lee Anne - these are so cool - why haven't you updated your etsy page with these?!!
    Bri

    ReplyDelete