Wednesday, August 25, 2010

I Lament Over My Car, I Gush Over Mockingjay

Business day two has come and gone without a phone call or email from the car company. Guess I will have to call them tomorrow, and soon start calling them by their actual name.

Despite this chronic headache induced my car troubles, the bright spot in my day was finishing Suzanne Collins' Mockingjay. It was wonderful! Okay, really it was intense, totally made me anxious, it and made me cry; but it was exactly what I wanted from the last book in the Hunger Games series. Suzanne Collins wrote a fantastic story, and she kept my attention the entire way through.

I love her writing style. Ms. Collins is concise and witty, and she holds nothing back. I mean nothing. It makes for some harsh realities, but without the difficult moments, Mockingjay would not be the great book that it is. I found it to be a refreshing change from the usual young adult fiction book.

Thank goodness for the August 24 release date. It certainly helped to have Mockingjay as a distraction from the dreaded car. I actually might go and wallow in the Hunger Games a little more just for the welcome relief.

No comments:

Post a Comment